AWS DevOps engineer
At PastBook we passionately build a lightning-fast, flawless platform for the effortless creation of photo products. Discovering new technological opportunities and doing everything possible to deliver a top-notch user experience. We are constantly in search of bright minds driven by exciting challenges and ready to build the unimaginable.
The PastBook platform is built using microservice architecture. Each microservice is independent, using RESTful API's to communicate with each other. All microservices have a specific responsibility like authentication, intelligent photo selection, product creation, customization, order processing, pdf rendering, etc. A perfect base for effective auto scaling and cost management.
We are looking for an experienced AWS DevOps engineer responsible for maintaining and improving our current stack and designing & building infrastructure for new products. You will work closely with the CTO and core development team to identify and establish DevOps practices in the company.
By knowing AWS cloud services inside-out, you provide the development team reliable, scalable and secure solutions to serve millions of users worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain existing and implement new CI/CD pipelines.
- Improve and maintain monitoring stacks.
- Lead and guide the team in identifying and implementing new technologies.
- Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions.
- Strong knowledge of AWS networking, security, computing, database and storage technologies.
- Always have security top of mind.
- Reduce costs by making the infrastructure more efficient.
- Ability to present and communicate the architecture in a visual form.
- A European passport or a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge with the core AWS services for networking, security, computing, database and storage technologies.
- Good background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Proficiency in at least two languages from our stack: PHP, NodeJS, Python, English. ;-)
- Proficiency in writing bash scripts for CI/CD.
- Configuration Management experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong notions of security best practices.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, Datadog and the ELK stack.
- Previous exposure to large-scale systems design.
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join one of the fastest growing scaleups in Amsterdam.
- A beautiful view over Amsterdam in our A'DAM tower office.
- Flexible work from home opportunity.
- A highly experienced and passionate international team.
- Great career opportunities.
- Friday drinks in the members club, with an even better view of the Amsterdam skyline.
- Free daily lunch, fruit and awesome coffee.
- Attendance of events, gym and even a nightclub in our basement.