We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, you’ll create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
At PastBook we passionately build a lightning-fast, flawless platform for the effortless creation of photo products. Discovering new technological opportunities and doing everything possible to deliver a top-notch user experience. We are constantly in search of bright minds driven by exciting challenges and ready to build the unimaginable.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of machine learning methods.
If you are detail-oriented, have excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Analyze, model and wrangle data and files to prep for utilization
- Build data pipelines to move data into Redshift
- Write scripts to provide extracts
- Create views in Redshift to expose data to a Visualization Tool
- Ingest additional data source into s3 and/or redshift
- Deploy and put machine learning models into production.
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Proven experience with NoSQL / MySQL databases and RESTful API's
- Good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, lambda, glue, data pipes, firehose, athena, kinesis etc and knowledge of Redshift
- Other skills that might be useful are knowledge of dockers, SNS, cloudwatch, Apache Spark, and hadoop
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. NodeJS or Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- A European passport or a valid work permit for the Netherlands
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join one of the fastest growing scaleups in Amsterdam.
- A beautiful view over Amsterdam in our A'DAM tower office.
- Flexible work from home opportunity.
- A highly experienced and passionate international team.
- Great career opportunities.
- Friday drinks in the members club, with an even better view of the Amsterdam skyline.
- Free daily lunch, fruit and awesome coffee.
- Attendance of events, gym and even a nightclub in our basement.